Our need for living space could alter as we age. Seniors must have a cozy living environment that encourages security, independence, and well-being. At Silver Legacy, we strive to provide various non-medical care services that support elders in maintaining their independence. Here are some suggestions for designing a comfortable living area for elders.
1. Hazards should be removed: Remove tripping hazards by removing loose carpets and electrical cords. To reduce falls, install handrails in the bathroom and on the stairs.
2. Adequate Lighting: Ensure that each room has enough light so elders can see well and be safe.
3. Comfortable Furniture: Select cozy, sturdy, and simple pieces to get in and out of. Use a bench in the shower or a higher toilet seat if necessary.
4. Easy-to-Reach Items: To avoid bending while reaching things, keep goods that seniors frequently use at heights that are easier to reach.
5. Technology: To increase safety and convenience, consider employing technology like personal emergency response systems or smart home gadgets.
At Silver Legacy, we give seniors non-medical services that enhance their quality of life. To learn more about our offerings and how we can help your loved ones, contact us right now.