Millions of senior citizens worldwide suffer from the chronic disease of diabetes. Since the prevalence of diabetes is rising, we at Silver Legacy constantly recommend various services, including non-medical ones, to address this problem. Here are a few ways to assist seniors with diabetes.
1. Ensure that elders take their medications on schedule and in the appropriate dosage.
2. Plan and prepare meals that accommodate their dietary requirements and preferences.
3. Help seniors frequently test their blood sugar levels by doing it yourself.
4. Encourage seniors to exercise and be physically active by assisting them with their exercise habits.
5. Seniors should be assisted with foot care because they are more likely to have foot issues related to diabetes.
6. Ensure seniors have frequent medical examinations to monitor their diabetes and general health.
7. Provide seniors with emotional support and encourage them to discuss any worries or inquiries with their healthcare provider.
At Silver Legacy, we know the difficulties that senior citizens with diabetes encounter. Our non-medical home care services are intended to assist senior citizens in controlling their diabetes and leading happy, healthy life. Hence, contact us right away to learn about our services.